If you have a question, please feel free to ask.
The following information is general in nature and may differ depending on your individual situation.
If your situation is an emergency, please contact 911 or go to your nearest emergency room.
Prescription Refills and Requests
Clients are responsible for making sure they get their prescriptions refilled on a timely basis. Do not wait until the very last day before requesting a refill.
- Refills are called in during General Office Hours (Mon,Tue,Wed 9-4 & Thu,Fri 9-3), excluding Holidays when the office is closed.
- Prescription requests may be called in after hours by leaving a message on the prescription request line. We check this line at the beginning and end of every business day and call in requests by the end of the day.
- The quickest way to have a prescription refilled is to contact your pharmacy and ask them to request a refill.
Certain medications cannot be called in to the pharmacy because of their classification by the government. These include Adderall, Dexedrine, Concerta, Ritalin, Focalin, Methylin, Dextrostat, Vyvanse, Daytrana, and many others. Please make sure to ask your doctor about the type of medication when they are initially prescribed.
After hours, lost, destroyed, altered and/or expired prescriptions may be subject to a $25 charge to re-write them. Our Doctors are subject to strict record keeping requirements and re-writing prescriptions along with the required documentation, is time spent away from caring for clients.
Calling in Medications
When calling in medications to the prescription refill line, please make sure to clearly state the following:
- The client name. (Please spell the last name)
- A return telephone number with area code.
- The medication that needs to be refilled including the amount and dose.
- The name and telephone number of the pharmacy.
- If you need to physically pick up a prescription from our office, please indicate when you would like it picked up.
- If you have arranged to have prescriptions mailed, please indicate the mailing address.
If this information is not provided we may not be able to call in your prescription.
Appointments, Follow-Ups and Cancellations
- Clients should arrive at least 15 minutes early for an initial appointment. There are several introductory forms that must completed prior to the sessions. (These forms may be downloaded from this website.)
- Our practitioners are generally very busy. Please schedule appointments as far in advance as possible. While we will try to accommodate appointment preferences, we may not be able to do so if you wait too long to schedule.
- At the conclusion of each appointment the practitioner will discuss scheduling of a follow-up appointment, if indicated, within a certain timeframe. Please be sure to schedule your follow-up within that timeframe.
- All appointments must be cancelled by 3:00 pm the prior business day to prevent a charge for missed appointment. These charges are not billable to insurance and must be paid by the client.
If you have questions in regard to a bill, please contact Kathy at (773)546-9877..